Information gathered during these studies include PK parameters such as area under the curve (AUC, exposure), Cmax (maximum concentration) , Tmax (Time to Cmax), half life, clearance, volume of distribution, bioavailability, steady state plasma concentrations, accumulation ratio, linear or nonlinear PK, time dependent PK (auto-induction), plasma protein binding, metabolite identity and their PK.
Here goes the list.
1. Single Ascending Dose (SAD)I will be blogging on each of these topics in the next few weeks. I am quite keen to know how modeling & simulation approaches have been used in early clinical PK studies. Feel free to share your thoughts/comments, any unusual experiences in the conduct of these studies.
2. Multiple Ascending Dose (MAD)
3. Food Effect Studies
4. ADME Mass Balance Studies
5. Absolute/Relative Bioavailability
6. Thorough QTc Study
7. Drug Interaction Studies - Enzyme Inhibition/Induction
8. Effect of Age and Gender
9. Special Population - Hepatic Impairment
10. Special Populaiton - Renal Impairment
11. Impact of Genetic Polymorphisms of Drug Metabolizing Enzymes